VCT 2022 has come to an end: Stage 1 Masters - Reykjavík. At the championship, which was held from April 10 to 24 in Iceland, twelve teams from all over the world competed for a prize pool of $675,000, as well as rating points. The winner of the tournament was the OpTic Gaming team, which defeated the Brazilians from LOUD in the grand final of the competition with a score of 3:0 (Ascent - 13:9; Bind - 14:12; Breeze - 15:13).
The North American team got off to a terrible start in the championship, losing in the first game to XERXIA. However, two further meetings for OpTic Gaming turned into victories over KRÜ Esports and XERXIA, as a result of which the team made it to the playoffs.
Here the team beat The Guard (2:1) and DRX (2:1). However, in the final of the upper bracket, Chet's wards lost to LOUD (1:2) and fell into the lower half of the tournament. However, thanks to a crushing victory over ZETA DIVISION (3:0), the team made it to the grand final. In the decisive match, OpTic Gaming took revenge on LOUD (3:0), thanks to which they earned $200,000 and 750 points.
Intermediate results of VCT 2022: Stage 1 Masters - Reykjavík
- 1st place: OpTic Gaming — $200,000 + 750 points.
- 2nd place: LOUD — $120,000 + 500 points.
- 3rd place: ZETA DIVISION — $85,000 + 400 points.
- 4th place: Paper Rex - $65,000 + 300 points.
- 5th-6th place: G2 Esports — $40,000 + 250 points.
- 5th-6th place: DRX — $40,000 + 250 points.
- 7th-8th place: The Guard — $25,000 + 200 points.
- 7th-8th place: Team Liquid — $25,000 + 200 points.
- 9th-10th place: XERXIA — $15,000 + 150 points.
- 9th-10th place: Ninjas in Pajamas — $15,000 + 150 points.
- 11th-12th place: KRÜ Esports — $10,000 + 125 points.
- 11th-12th place: Fnatic — $10,000 + 125 points.
Note: FunPlus Phoenix was awarded $25,000 and 200 ranking points.