- Invictus Gaming vs Team Aster
- Nemiga Gaming vs One Move
- Virtus.pro vs ex-Monaspa
- Nemiga Gaming vs Hydra
- Army Geniuses vs BOOM
- One Move vs Hydra
- NaVi vs Nemiga Gaming
- Quest Esports vs Team Liquid
- BetBoom Team vs cybercats
- D1 Hustlers vs Entity
- Sand King Gomez vs ALPHA
- One Move vs Luna Galaxy
- Universitario Esports vs NoLimitsGaming
- Infinity Esports vs noMERCY
- Infinity Esports vs Lava
- noMERCY vs Lava
- Big brain vs Limit
- Team Disillusion vs Team Zero
- NaVi vs kefteme.mp3
- StoRm vs Not one step back gaming
- Qhali vs Universitario Esports
- Keyd Stars vs los moticucos
- NoPing eSports vs noMERCY
- Vision Gaming vs Polaris Esports
- UD Vessuwan vs Neon Esports
- SPAWN Team vs Myth Avenue Gaming
- DerzhaWin vs Sqreens Squad
- ex-Monaspa vs IVY
- Bald Dynasty vs Sqreens Squad
- Alliance vs Level UP
- Old G vs Into the Breach
- Wildcard Gaming vs Nexus Titans
- Keyd Stars vs x5 Gaming
- TiltedBoys vs Ravens
- Holy Grail vs The Last Dark
- iG Vitality vs Supernova
- NaVi Junior vs NaVi
- Bald Dynasty vs Ancient Tribe
- Team Sexy vs MoneyMakers
- x5 Gaming vs los moticucos
- Lava vs Universitario Esports
- Keyd Stars vs Qhali
- Geek Slate vs IHC Esports
- Myth Avenue Gaming vs Neon Esports
- Vision Gaming vs SPAWN Team
- Nigma Galaxy vs Ancient Tribe
- Aster.Aries vs Team Bright
- felt vs B8 Esports
- Beastcoast vs Evil Geniuses
- Mad Kings vs Balrogs
- OG vs D1 Hustlers
- 9 Pandas vs Virtus.pro
- Infamous vs Hokori
- BetBoom Team vs Nemiga Gaming
- IVY vs ex-Monaspa
- One Move vs Nouns
Since it was announced in 2011, Dota 2 became one of the main discipline in esports. Dota 2 championships give a chance to compete for million dollars, Dota 2 matches attract the attention of hundreds of spectators, and becoming an esportsman is a dream of numerous players.
The Dota success formula is complex, but the base of the game is matches. Dota has several types of matches and they vary depending on the mode of the game.
Talking about the main rules and types of battles in Dota 2.
Types of Dota 2 Matches
Globally, Dota 2 matches are divided into several types. We could put them in two categories: tournament and users’.
Tournament matches are played at Dota 2 championships, and users’ matches are available in the client of the game. Basically, these terms are the same, however they have a few differences.
Formats of Competitive Matches in Dota 2
Tournament matches break down into formats. There are a few of them:
- Bo1 – battle up to one win
- Bo2 – match with two maps
- Bo3 – battle up to two wins
- Bo5 – battle up to three wins
Each format has its own features and is used depending on the schedule. Bo1 battles are often played at tournaments with the Double-Elimination format, the first tours of Lower Bracket. В
Bo2 matches are classical for formats of group stages. They take place in the general bracket of Round-Robin, GSL groups and other formats.
Bo3 matches are the most common in the schedule of Dota 2 matches. They take place in regional leagues at DPC, local and international events.
Bo5 matches are the most exclusive format of Dota 2 matches. These battles are played in the finals of tournaments of different kinds, including majors and The International.
Formats of Users’ Dota 2 Matches
Users’ matches in Dota 2 are in Bo1 format that is provided by developers of the game. They are different in various game modes.
In Dota 2 there are several modes of users’ matches. Globally, these are rating and non-rating games, and further they are divided into modes:
- All Pick – mode of choosing all heroes.
- Single Draft – picking one of three characters.
- All Random – random hero.
- Random Draft – pick of a hero of randomly suggested ones.
- Captains Mode – match where one player picks 5 heroes and blocks 7 characters.
- Captains Draft – like in Captains Mode, teams are given a captain who picks and blocks characters from a limited pool.
- Turbo – special mode with an increase of gold, experience and so on.
You can select the mode of the game in users’ matches in the menu in Dota 2. Besides, Dota 2 matches can be ranked or unranked.
Ranked modes include All Pick, Captains Mode, Random Draft and Captains Draft. Also, there are additional modes with changed rules: Ability Draft where players choose abilities for their hero from the pool; All Random Deathmatch where after each death the player gets a random character and 1 to 1 Mid Only where you can get access only to the middle lane.
Rules of Conducting Dota 2 Matches
Each match in Dota 2 starts by the same principle. The rules of conducting battles depend on the type and the mode of a battle.
Users’ matches can play in all modes except for Captains Match, players get their characters, then they go to the lane and start the game. Captains’ mode has a draft stage which looks in the following way:
- Each team picks 5 heroes.
- Teams take turns to pick heroes, by formula.
- Each team blocks 7 characters.
- Blocking characters happens in turns.
The draft process has a clear formula. Similarly to Dota 2, picks start with the Radiant side.
Radiant starts draft with a character ban, later the opponent does the same. This procedure happens again.
Having made two bans each, the teams start picking characters. The side that made the first ban, Radiant in our case, chooses the character first. The opponent picks two characters and the final action of the stage is Radiant’s pick of the second character.
The second stage starts in the same way: Radiant’s ban, Dire’s ban, Radiant’s ban, Dire’s ban. The the sides exchange blocks in the same order and then switch to picking characters. Dire starters with picking the first heroes, then Radiant picks two characters. Dire finishes the stage with the final pick.
At the final stage of the draft teams make two bans in turns Radiant – Dire – Radiant – Dire, and then Radiant picks and Dire picks.
Schedule of Dota 2 Matches with live score
The main tournament track in Dota 2 is DPC. It takes place in 6 regions and has common rules for all its participants.
The competitive season in Dota 2 is divided into several tours: winter, spring and summer. Each tour includes games of two divisions – upper and lower.
Both leagues play 8 teams. Participants in the first division compete for slots at majors, happening at the end of each tour, and DPC points to make it to The International. Participants in the lower division play in hope to get to the upper league, where two worst teams get at the end of each tour.
Due to the business of the competitive season, the schedule of Dota 2 matches is often packed: regional leagues can overlap and it is easy to get confused there. In case it happens, we recommend you to use our resource.
We keep abreast of everything happening in all competitive leagues and provide information about upcoming, future and live Dota 2 matches. Besides, we have a section of tips with analytical notes of the most interesting matches of different kinds, and where each user can make their own tips for matches.