The final round of the IEM Fall 2021 North America group stage will take place today. And if Liquid and FURIA will definitely reach the playoffs of the championship, then the fate of the remaining two places in the semifinals, as well as the tickets to the match for 5th place, remains unknown. At the same time, there are several layouts at once, according to which eight teams can leave the group at once. It is with these layouts that we propose to get acquainted before the end of the group stage of IEM Fall 2021 North America.
In Group A, a clear leader has already emerged in the person of Liquid. This team is not going anywhere and will definitely make it to the playoffs from the first place, regardless of the result of the final game against Extra Salt. On the opposite bank is the ATK team, whose fate is also clear - the last place in the tournament and the absence of any chances to change the situation.
Then the most interesting thing begins, since the assets of four teams have 6 points each. In this case, you should familiarize yourself with the head-to-head matches of each contender for the playoffs:
- paiN: defeat by Extra Salt; victory over EXTREMUM; defeating Bad News Bears.
- EXTREMUM: defeat by paiN; victory over Extra Salt.
- Bad News Bears: Defeat Extra Salt defeat by paiN.
- Extra Salt: victory over paiN; defeat by Bad News Bears; defeat by EXTREMUM.
It is already clear here that the Brazilian team is considered the favorite of this fight, given the victory over 2 and 3 opponents. In addition, in the final round, paiN will meet with the group's outsider - the ATK team.
Below are the possible layouts of matches, the outcome of which will predetermine the fate of the 2nd and 3rd places in Group A:
- PaiN's victory over ATK, EXTREMUM's victory over Bad News Bears, Extra Salt's victory over Liquid = paiN, EXTREMUM and Extra Salt play a series of tie-breaks for the right to take places from 2nd to 4th.
- PaiN's victory over ATK, EXTREMUM's victory over Bad News Bears, Extra Salt's defeat by Liquid = paiN takes 2nd place, EXTREMUM takes 3rd place.
- PaiN beat ATK, EXTREMUM defeated Bad News Bears, Extra Salt defeated Liquid = paiN, Bad News Bears and Extra Salt play a series of tie-breaks for the second to fourth place.
- PaiN defeated ATK, EXTREMUM defeated by Bad News Bears, Extra Salt defeated by Liquid = paiN ranked 2nd, Bad News Bears ranked 3rd.
- Defeat paiN by ATK, EXTREMUM defeats Bad News Bears, Extra Salt defeats Liquid = EXTREMUM takes 2nd place, Extra Salt takes 3rd place.
- Defeat paiN by ATK, Defeat EXTREMUM by Bad News Bears, Extra Salt beat Liquid = Bad News Bears ranked 2nd, Extra Salt ranked 3rd.
- Lost paiN to ATK, loses EXTREMUM to Bad News Bears, loses Extra Salt to Liquid = Bad News Bears takes 2nd place, paiN, EXTREMUM and Extra Salt play a tie-break series for the right to take places from 3rd to 5th...
- ATK defeat paiN, EXTREMUM defeats Bad News Bears, Liquid = EXTREMUM defeats 2nd place, paiN, Bad News Bears and Extra Salt play a tie-break series for the 3rd to 5th places...
It remains to be seen which of the proposed outcomes is viable.
In Group B, the situation is a little easier, since the difference in the number of points scored remains between the applicants. And if FURIA does not stop it from reaching the playoffs from the first place, then 00Nation will definitely finish its way to IEM Fall 2021 North America after the fifth round.
But we are interested in the situation that will unfold around the 2nd and 3rd places, for which three teams continue to fight at once, as well as Team One, which reserves the chance to enter the Play-In for the 5th place in the championship.
Below are all possible layouts, according to which the table of group B is determined:
- GODSENT victory over Triumph, Evil Geniuses victory over FURIA, Team One victory over 00Nation = GODSENT takes 2nd place, Evil Geniuses leaves the group from 3rd place.
- GODSENT victory over Triumph, Evil Geniuses defeat by FURIA, Team One victory over 00Nation = GODSENT takes 2nd place; Team One, Triumph and Evil Geniuses play a series of tie-breaks for the third place finish.
- GODSENT's victory over Triumph, Evil Geniuses defeated by FURIA, Team One defeated by 00Nation = GODSENT takes 2nd place, Evil Geniuses leaves the group from 3rd place (considering the advantage in head-to-head matches over Triumph).
- Defeat GODSENT by Triumph, Evil Geniuses win over FURIA, any outcome of the Team One match - 00Nation = GODSENT, Evil Geniuses and Triumph play a series of tie-breaks for the right to take places from 2nd to 4th.
- Defeat GODSENT to Triumph, defeat Evil Geniuses over FURIA, any outcome of a Team One match - 00Nation = Triumph takes 2nd place, GODSENT takes 3rd place.
It remains to follow the development of events on the final day of the IEM Fall 2021 North America group stage and wait for the results of the last game, after which the list of playoff participants will be determined.[break]matches_4ybF_MXUxs[break]
IEM Fall 2021 North America runs from October 5-10 online. 12 North American teams are competing for a $ 70,000 prize pool as well as precious RMR Points that will help five teams from the region qualify for PGL Major Stockholm 2021.