The DreamHack Open September 2021 North America has come to an end. At the championship, which was held online from September 22 to 26, eight teams from Brazil and North America competed for a prize pool of $ 70,000, ESL Pro Tour points, as well as one ticket to the upcoming ESL Pro League Season 15 Conference.
The winner of DreamHack Open September 2021 North America was GODSENT, who beat Extra Salt 3: 2 in a tense final that lasted more than seven hours.
On the way to the grand final, GODSENT not only won all the matches in the group stage, but also did not lose a single map. However, in the semifinals, the Brazilian team had to spend enough energy to close Team One (2: 1) and advance to the main match of the entire tournament.
The grand final itself developed according to an interesting scenario, according to which the teams could not pick up their own pick in any way, recouping on "other people's" maps. As a result, the meeting spilled over to Dust 2, where the teams went into overtime. But here GODSENT showed character, having managed to snatch victory with a score of 22:20, and at the same time, having issued the long-awaited championship.
Despite the defeat, Extra Salt will still perform at the ESL Pro League Season 15 Conference, which will be held online from November 23 to 28. Recall that the North American team became the champion of DreamHack Open June 2021: North America.
DreamHack Open September 2021 North America Results
- 1st place: GODSENT - $ 35,000 + 100 ESL Pro Tour points.
- 2nd place: Extra Salt - $ 15,000 + 80 ESL Pro Tour points.
- 3-4th place: paiN Gaming - $ 6,000 + 40 ESL Pro Tour points.
- 3-4th place: Team One - $ 6,000 + 40 ESL Pro Tour points.
- 5th-6th place: Bad News Bears - $ 2,500 + 20 ESL Pro Tour points.
- 5th-6th place: Triumph - $ 2,500 + 20 ESL Pro Tour points.
- 7th-8th place: Mythic - $ 1,500.
- 7th-8th place: RBG Esports - $ 1,500.