VCT 2022 has come to an end: EMEA Stage 1 Challengers. At the championship, which was held online from February 11 to March 27, 12 teams from Europe, the CIS and Turkey fought for a prize pool of €200,000, as well as three tickets to the VALORANT Champions Tour 2022: Stage 1 Masters - Reykjavík. The winner of the tournament was the FunPlus Phoenix team, which beat G2 Esports 3:1 in the grand final (Icebox - 13:6; Breeze - 8:13; Ascent - 13:7; Split - 16:14).
The tournament for the future winner began with a confident performance in the group stage, during which FunPlus Phoenix won four victories and also lost to LDN UTD (1:2).
As a result, the team made it to the semifinals of the competition, where they confidently outplayed Team Liquid (2:0) and advanced further. In the finals of the upper bracket, FunPlus Phoenix defeated Fnatic (2:0), thanks to which they reached the grand finals of the competition. In the decisive match, the team again looked stronger than the opponent, this time beating G2 Esports (3:1).
The current roster for VALORANT Champions Tour 2022: Masters Stage 1 - Reykjavík is as follows: FunPlus Phoenix, Fnatic, G2 Esports, OpTic Gaming, The Guard, XERXIA, Paper Rex, ZETA DIVISION and DRX.
Results of VCT 2022: EMEA Stage 1 Challengers
- 1st place: FunPlus Phoenix - €40,000 + slot at VCT 2022: Masters Stage 1 - Reykjavík.
- 2nd place: G2 Esports - €30,000 + slot at VCT 2022: Masters Stage 1 - Reykjavík.
- 3rd place: Fnatic - €22,000 + slot for VCT 2022: Masters Stage 1 - Reykjavík.
- 4th place: Team Liquid — €18,000 + 55 points.
- 5th-6th place: Guild Esports — €15,000 + 50 points.
- 5th-6th place: M3 Champions — €15,000 + 50 points.
- 7th-8th place: Natus Vincere — €12,000 + 45 points.
- 7th-8th place: BBL Esports — €12,000 + 45 points.
- 9th-10th place: LDN UTD - €10,000 + 40 points.
- 9th-10th place: Acend — €10,000 + 40 points.
- 11th-12th place: BIG — €8,000 + 35 points + place in Relegation.
- 11th-12th place: SuperMassive Blaze — €8,000 + 35 points + place in Relegation.