The VALORANT Champions Tour 2021: North America Stage 2 Challengers 1 has ended. Eight North American teams took part in the championship, which competed for $ 50,000, as well as four slots in the upcoming VCT 2021: North America Stage 2 Challengers Finals. The winner of the tournament was the 100 Thieves team, which in the grand final proved to be stronger than XSET with a score of 3: 1.
The champion went through the championship very smoothly, beating Andbox (2: 0) in the quarterfinals and Cloud9 Blue (2: 0) in the semifinals. In the final of the upper bracket, the team had to play all three maps with Team Envy, but 100 Thieves still looked stronger, which resulted in a final victory with a score of 2: 1.
The second finalist of the championship, the XSET team, had a great start, beating Built By Gamers (2: 0). However, already in the semifinals, the team lost to Team Envy (0: 2) and fell into the lower bracket of the tournament. There, the team had to use additional motivation to beat Immortals (2: 1), Version1 (2: 1) and, finally, take revenge from Team Envy (2: 1) to get to the grand final.
Final distribution of seats on the VALORANT Champions Tour 2021: North America Stage 2 Challengers 1:
- 1st place: 100 Thieves - $ 20,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 2nd place: XSET - $ 10,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 3rd place: Team Envy - $ 7,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 4th place: Version1 - $ 5,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 5th-6th place: Immortals - $ 3,000.
- 5th-6th place: Cloud9 Blue - $ 3,000.
- 7th-8th place: Andbox - $ 1,000.
- 7th-8th place: Built By Gamers - $ 1,000.