ESL has presented the results of the draw for the group stage of ESL One Stockholm Major 2022. According to its results, Team Spirit and other teams have found out the opponents they will have to compete with for reaching the playoffs of the competition.
Recall that due to a new outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic in China, local teams failed to get to ESL One Stockholm Major 2022. As a result, the organizers decided to reduce the number of participants in the major by organizing regional finals for China.
- beastcoast, BetBoom Team, BOOM Esports, Evil Geniuses, T1, Tundra Esports and OG.
- Team Spirit, TSM, Fnatic, Gaimin Gladiators, Mind Games, Team Liquid and Thunder Awaken.
The teams that took the last places in the groups will leave ESL One Stockholm Major 2022. The top four teams from each group will make it to the upper bracket of the playoffs, while the teams that take place from 5th to 6th places will advance to the lower bracket playoffs.
Format of ESL One Stockholm Major 2022
Group stage (May 12-17):
- Two groups of seven teams each.
- Circular system.
- All matches are in BO3 format.
- The top four teams from each group advance to the upper bracket of the playoffs.
- Teams that take places from 5th to 6th from each group go to the lower bracket of the playoffs.
- The worst team is out.
Playoffs (May 18-22):
- Grid with double exclusion.
- All matches, with the exception of the Grand Final, will be played in BO3 format.
- The Grand Final will take place in the BO5 format.
ESL One Stockholm Major 2022 will take place from May 12 to 22 in Sweden at the Hovet Arena Stockholm. Fourteen teams from Europe, the CIS, North and South America, as well as Southeast Asia will take part in the championship and compete for a prize fund of $500,000, as well as rating points.