The Dota 2 developers released a small patch for the game, which brought new design elements and a The International 10 page to the in-game client. The latter is taking place right now in Bucharest. The update appeared in the game on the night of October 10-11.
List of changes
- The interface has received some changes. The font size has now been reduced and the animation when changing tabs has been smoother
- The International 10 page provides up-to-date information on team participation in the event. Leaving teams are now grayed out on the International page
- The International page no longer displays the group stage, but the playoffs
- The International 10 visitor badge description in user profile has been translated
- 20 localization languages got some updates
The International 2021 kicked off on October 7 and ends on the 17th. The total prize fund of the championship is $ 40,018,195, and 18 best teams in the world, representing six playing regions: North America, South America, CIS, Europe, Southeast Asia and China, are engaged in its distribution. 12 teams made it to The International thanks to the required number of rating points gained during the Dota Pro Circuit 2020/2021 season. The remaining six participants became the best in the regional qualifications. Valve announced a way to distribute the prize money among the participants. The winner will receive 45.5% of the prize pool, while the silver and bronze medalists will receive awards of 13% and 9%. In monetary terms, the above prizes are equal to $ 18,208,300, $ 5,202,400 and $ 3,601,600, respectively.
According to the results of the group stage, Thunder Predator and SG Esports have already completed their path in the championship. The teams took 17-18 places in the standings and received rewards of $ 100,000. The next teams that complete their participation in the event will take 13-16 place in the standings and receive $ 600,300 each.