The VCT 2021: North America Stage 2 Challengers 2 has come to an end. The championship, which ran from April 22 to 25, eight North American teams competed for $ 50,000, as well as four slots in the Challengers Finals. As expected, the winner of the tournament was the Sentinels team, which did not notice Cloud9 Blue in the grand final (3: 0).
It cannot be said that the Sentinels spent the entire championship in one breath, since already in the quarterfinals the team lost to Andbox (0: 2) and fell into the lower bracket. However, the team managed to pull themselves together, defeating T1 (2: 1), Immortals (2: 0), Andbox (2: 1) and NRG (2: 1) along the way, before reaching the grand final.
The second finalist of the championship, Cloud9 Blue, on the contrary, started very confidently, beating T1 (2: 0), Andbox (2: 0) and NRG (2: 0). However, in the decisive match, the former CS: GO stars who came to Cloud9 Blue before the start of the tournament suddenly died out, allowing the future winner to play out.
Note that the VALORANT Champions Tour 2021: North America Stage 2 Challengers Finals, which will determine two Masters Reykjavík participants, will take place from April 29 to May 2. It will feature eight of North America's best teams: Sentinels, Cloud9 Blue, NRG, Andbox, 100 Thieves, Team Envy, XSET and Version1.
The final distribution of the prize fund for the VALORANT Champions Tour 2021: North America Stage 2 Challengers 2:
- 1st place: Sentinels - $ 20,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 2nd place: Cloud9 Blue - $ 10,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 3rd place: NRG - $ 7,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 4th place: Andbox - $ 5,000 + place in the Challengers Finals.
- 5th-6th place: Immortals - $ 3,000.
- 5th-6th place: TSM - $ 3,000.
- 7th-8th place: T1 - $ 1,000.
- 7th-8th place: Built By Gamers - $ 1,000.