June 30 for Sony ended the first quarter of the current fiscal year. The company reported back to investors and provided key figures for a three-month period.
- Total PS4 shipments - 112.3 million
- Game shipments - 1.299 billion copies.
- PS4 Shipments - 1.9 Million.
- Game sales - 91 million copies.
- Sales of games from internal studios - 18.5 million copies.
- Digital sales - 74 percent
- PS Plus subscribers - 9 million users.
- Active PSN users per month - 113 million.
- Gaming revenue - $ 5.63 billion
- Operating segment revenue - $ 1.152 billion.
- PS Strore has $ 67 billion in revenue.
- Games and services revenue - 4.89 billion
The first quarter of 2020 was a record for several indicators at once. Over a three-month period, it achieved record highs with the largest quarterly shipments in video game history, the only console with over 40 million game shipments, the largest operating profit, the largest PlayStation revenue in the first quarter, the largest PS Store revenue.
Also this year, Sony plans to ship 9 million copies of the PS4. This is 4.6 million copies less than last year, but due to the imminent release of the PS5.