Riot Games has shared a list of changes coming to VALORANT with patch 4.05. Among the innovations, there is a new card selection system, as well as other improvements to agents and game mechanisms.
Game systems update
- Added the ability to import and export various crosshair settings using automatically generated codes (Analogue of the current function in CS:GO).
To export and share crosshair settings, go to the "Settings" menu, select the "Scope" tab and click on the up arrow icon next to the crosshair profile. The automatically generated code will be copied to the clipboard.
To import settings, go to the "Settings" menu, select the "Scope" tab and click on the icon that looks like a down arrow next to the scope profile. Enter or paste the code into the appropriate field and click on the "Import" button.
- Updated the "Most Powerful Weapon Priority" parameter. The priority system has been updated to support weapon skills.
- Melee weapons are now ignored when automatically selecting the last used weapon.
- The number of Stim Beacon charges has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- Stim Beacon cost increased from 100 to 200.
- Fixed a bug due to which the "Leave the match" button did not work correctly in PTS.
- Fixed an issue where Sova's Recon Arrow could be destroyed by Brimstone's Orbital Strike even if it was far from Orbital Strike's area of effect.
New card selection system
- From now on, the card selection system functions according to the following principle:
- First, it analyzes on which maps the participants of both teams played the last 5 matches in this mode.
- Then she discards all cards that one of the participants has played twice in the last 5 matches.
- The system selects from the remaining maps the one on which the participants played the least.
If the participants played two times in a row on all maps, then the system will choose the one on which they played least often.
A specific release date for patch 4.05 has not been announced. The developers added that they encountered unforeseen difficulties in preparing the update for release, so the changes will take effect a little later.