Riot Games has released a fresh update for VALORANT, in which Chamber was officially released. At the same time, the development team paid attention to rating play and fixing a number of bugs.
Ranked game changes
The developers have removed all rank restrictions in groups of 5 players in competitive matches. The community now has the ability to play in groups of 5 players without the restrictions set in the ranked game for smaller groups. The changes also affected the rules for calculating RRI for a game in a group of 5 people. Additionally, Riot Games has removed the ability to play in groups of 4 in ranked play.
In spectator mode, agent icons will no longer "get stuck" on one agent in the minimized stream interface. At the same time, the colors of the interface for attackers and defenders in spectator mode will differ from each other (the skills of the attackers will be displayed in red, and for the defenders - in turquoise). Added a yellow outline for the player icons on the minimap to show which player the spectator is currently watching.
A number of bugs have also been fixed:
- Fixed a bug due to which the zoom on the minimap did not work in spectator mode.
- Fixed a bug due to which when observing a player and pressing the "Shift + player number" key combination, the camera with the recording function for this player was not activated.
- Fixed a bug due to which trainers could not use hotkeys for observing through agents' devices (such as Cypher's Camera, Skye's Guiding Light, or Sova's Owl Drone).
Chamber Official Release
Together with the update, Chamber was added to the game. The new agent has a set of unique skills:
- Bounty Hunter - Possibility to choose a heavy pistol.
- Rendezvous - Places two teleport anchors.
- Signature Technique - Places a trap that detects opponents.
- Demonstration of Strength - The ability to choose a powerful sniper rifle. At the place of death of the enemy, a field appears, slowing down the players within it.