Riot Games has released patch 2.05 for VALORANT, which focuses on motivating players and promoting responsible gaming. In particular, the developers have worked on the AFK detection system, as well as updated the system of disciplinary measures for violations.
Ranked game changes:
- A toggle has been added to the career page in the "Act Rank" section that allows you to show or hide the rank of an Act. In this case, the display of rank is enabled by default.
- A filter of matches by mode has been added to the "Match History" section.
- Players who dodge ranked play will receive a rank downgrade.
- Changes to the ranked play at the "Radiant" rank are now more consistent with the "Immortal" rank.
- The menu for creating your own game has been updated.
Changes to the system of social opportunities:
- Improved AFK detection system.
- Changed penalties for offenses related to AFK. From now on, players will receive warnings, queue restrictions, expiration, rank and game bans.
- Changed penalties for violations in chats. For such violations, players will receive warnings, chat restrictions, rating game search restrictions and game bans.
- Added unique key bindings to the Settings menu for flying up and down while using the Owl Drone.
- Added unique keybindings to the settings menu for flying up and down in Astral form.
Also, the developers have fixed a number of bugs reported by the community. Interestingly, after the patch was released, Riot Games representatives reported that the new update was causing conflicts with antivirus software. The developers did not specify specific details, noting that the game cannot be launched when the antivirus is running. At the same time, they stated that they were already working on fixing the problem.