EA, following its industry peers, reported on the first quarter of 2020. It became the most successful “opening” period for the company.
The report itself was divided into several points. The financial part is presented below:
- For a three-month period, the company's revenues were $ 1.4 billion;
- Quarterly sales brought in $ 1.39 billion;
- Net income was $ 365 million.
EA expects $ 1.13 billion in revenue next quarter. As for the annual revenue, the company revised its forecast and now expects 5.63 billion, of which 978 will fall on net income.
EA also touched on games in their report. The most interesting on the projects of the company is below:
- Apex Legends has set the record for the number of concurrent players since its release. It looks like the battle royale is doing well;
- SIMS 4 is played by over 30 million users;
- FIFA 2020 is up 100 percent and Madden NFL traffic is up 140 percent.
In a report, EA shared their plans. The publisher plans to release Madden NFL 21, Star Wars: Squadron and UFC4 in the coming quarters. Later this year, they promise to confirm the release dates for other projects being developed for EA. Also at EA, said they are more interested than ever in buying third-party studios.