Ben Brode, the main developer of Hearthstone, told about the plans for this game discipline. The team of the developers reported that they were considering a possibility of changing the balance of the game and that they had simplified the system of getting season rewards.
The list of the changes:
- Season rewards and the backs of the maps can be got after 5 victories in the rating matches. Before, reaching the 20 rank was obligatory for that.
- Each rank now consists of 5 stars.
- At the beginning of a season rating will go 4 stages down, saving the amount of the stars. So, «legends» will happen to be at the 4 rank and players at the 10 will turn out to be at the 14.
- Rewards are given out for the best rating, which was received during the season.
- The average rank will be higher, but, as the developer says it doesn’t mean that everybody can reach «legends»
- No changes in the mechanics of series of victories